I will give thanks in the great assembly; among the throngs of people I will praise you.
I thought it only appropriate to do a post on what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving. I am so blessed. Take some time in the next few days to consider what makes you thankful.
I am thankful for…
1. A God who was willing to send his only precious son to die on the cross for me and pay my debt.
2. A husband who thinks I’m beautiful, can fix any computer anomaly, knows how to run the vacuum cleaner, and often says my three favorite words – “Let’s eat out!”
3. Healthy children.
4. The personality of a little boy who runs home every day to change into his Peter Pan costume and actually believes that he uses the “force” from Star Wars to open the automatic doors at Target.
5. The feistiness of a little girl who is most often seen with angry brows but points out to her daddy when she is in trouble that “Look Daddy, I’m looking my happy brows at you.”
6. Friends who pray for me and honor me by asking me to pray for them.
7. Alan’s job that provides a home for us and allows me to stay at home with our children.
8. A church that constantly challenges me and creates an atmosphere to grow.
9. The opportunities that the Lord has given me to write.
10. My new mac computer that came with the photo booth application that allows me to take all the silly pictures of myself.
11. God’s grace.
12. Parents and grandparents who love Jesus and taught me to do the same.
13. My parent’s retirement that will allow us to spend more time with them.
14. My home church Stone Mountain First Baptist, and the fact that they all hug me and love me whenever I’m there.
15. The privilege of prayer.
16. God’s plan for my life.
17. Best friends that I’ve known since birth that would do anything for me. Thanks Mary Ann and Allison!
19. My Bible.
20. The fact that two little somebodies call me Mommy and think that I can do anything.